Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hope for Tomorrow by Rod Parsley


Hope for Tomorrow Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1:21 I'm sure the disciples felt hopeless the day they watched Jesus die. I'm sure they wondered, "How can this be?" They must have despaired as they watched His body being placed in the tomb. From an earthly perspective, it was hopeless (Matthew 27:57-61). God is more powerful than the disciples ever imagined. Jesus came back to life, taking the most frightening of human experiences-death-and turning it inside out! Scripture is full of hope. The Psalmist writes, "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you" (Psalms 25:21), and says again in Psalms 43:5, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." We are called to hope for a better future, for life in death and for miracles in an unbelieving world. Put your hope in Jesus, knowing that He has conquered death to bring you life. What better hope can you have? Further Reading Psalms 9:18 Ephesians 1:18 1 Thessalonians 1:3 God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment